Frequently Asked Questions
Many of our satisfied clients had never used a professional pet sitting before coming to us. Here are some of our most frequently asked questions. Click on a question below to see our answer.
What Makes JSPS Unique?
Many pet owners are use the services of professional pet sitters for the benefits in-home pet care provides:
- In-home professional pet care provides added peace of mind that your home & pet are cared for.
- Untrained or unwilling friends/family/neighbors need not be relied on.
- Pets are happier and experience less stress at home.
- Diet and exercise routines are maintained.
- Travel trauma for both owner and pet is eliminated.
- Pets’ exposure to injury or illness is minimized.
- Your pet enjoys the personal attention provided by a pet sitter.
Our JSPS Experience truly provides pet owners with peace of mind that their pets and their homes are being well-cared for while they’re away. Our business model ensures that every one of our clients receive a personalized experience and first class service. This is what sets us apart.
The Jet Set Pet Sitters Experience includes:
- Customized Services with All Inclusive Pricing
- Convenient Online Booking
- Trained Staff with Experience & Education
- 24-Hour Round the Clock Care
- First Class Personalized Service
- Outstanding Communication + Prompt Response Time
- Genuine Love of Animals
- Safety First – Pet First Aid & CPR Certified
Learn more about the “Jet Set Pet Sitters Experience” here.
We provide services to cover everything you need; travel, long work hours, surgery recovery, errand running, or just too tired to walk the dog. Whatever the reason, you can count on us!
We also provide pet owners in Happy Valley and the Greater Portland Metro area first class service to provide true peace of mind while they travel and anytime they have to leave their pets for long hours during the day.
Booking a Service
A meet & greet is a complementary service required before booking services to make sure we’re the best fit for your family and to ensure the best care for your pet. You can schedule a meet & greet by setting up an online account and selecting the “Other Services” option. If you need assistance scheduling a Meet & Greet, please call us, we’re here to help!
We use a cloud scheduling program, which ensures that every pet sitting request and service booking is followed up with a confirmation and reminder so no pet care appointment is missed. If a client books through their walker and they then forget to schedule it in our system, we are unable to follow-up and make sure that your pet has been cared for.
All clients are provided with unique login information to their secured Jet Set Pet Sitters account. From this portal you’re able to schedule pet care, check your booked services, and also view your invoices. All scheduling requests are confirmed during our regular business hours.
- New Year’s Eve + New Year’s Day (December 31st and January 1st)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. (third Monday in January)
- Valentine’s Day (February 14th)
- Presidents’ Day (third Monday in February)
- Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
- 4th of July
- Labor Day (first Monday in September)
- Veterans Day (November 11th) – and if you’re a Veteran you get a discount!
- Thanksgiving Day (fourth Thursday in November)
- Christmas Eve Day + Christmas Day (December 24th and December 25th)
- RABIES: We require rabies by 6 months of age and every 1-3 years as an adult.
- BORDETELLA: This vaccination helps protect against the two most common strains of kennel cough.
- DAPPv: This combination vaccination covers Distemper, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza, and Parvovirus.
We don’t follow the industry standard model. We believe in providing all inclusive services.
Angela our traveling Jet Set Pet Sitter will move in to your home to provide your pet round-the-clock care and manage your home as if you were there. We offer this signature service to ensure everything runs smoothly while you’re away. Angela will make sure the garbage & recycling are tended to, the mail is picked up and organized, the pet bowls are clean, the sheets are laundered, bed made, and the house clean. You’ll return to a happy pup and clean home.
If your pup prefers to stay at home, we also offer private overnight services personalized for your kiddos needs.
Dogs are pack animals and do not thrive when left alone for long periods of time. It’s the same reason we don’t follow the traditional model of overnight sitters.
If your pet is dog friendly, we offer overnight sitting at Jet Set Pet Sitters HQ in our Damascus home, right outside of Portland, Oregon.
Daycare & Dog Walking
Our regular walking hours are Monday – Friday, 11am – 3pm.
We provide same day bookings, after hours (M – F, 5pm – 8pm) and weekend walks (by appointment only) for an additional $5 per walk.
Our daycare hours are Monday – Friday, 8am – 6pm.
We offer half-day (up to 5 hours), full day (up to 10 hours) and extended day stay (10-12 hours with meal service) options.
Paying for Services
Dog Walks: Text/Call/Email at least 24 hours in advance.
Doggy Daycare: Text/Call/Email at least 24 hours in advance.
At JSPS Headquarters: 7 days notice.
In-Home Care within the US: 30 days notice.
In-Home Care outside of the US: 30 days notice.
For the times when life happens, we still appreciate hearing from you however we will charge 50% of the cost of the scheduled service.
Medications & Medical Emergencies
If we believe something is wrong with your pet, we will start by calling the emergency contact numbers we have on file. If you/your emergency contact person believes your pet should be assessed by a vet, we will transport him/her to the veterinarian’s office for examination and treatment.
In the event we cannot reach you or your emergency contacts, we will decide if your pet should be seen by a veterinarian. If necessary, we will take your pet for treatment. You will be billed for any extra time we spend for these services.
Still have questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, we’re happy to help!